South of France & San Diego:
A successful collaboration
May 14th to 17th 2019
San Diego and the SOUTH Region in France are both the industrial cradle of dynamic sectors such as biotech, cleantech, bluetech, defense, aerospace, software, development, and tourism.
The main objective of the collaboration is to boost business development between both regions to encourage efficient and long-term partnerships by :
- Welcoming French companies in San Diego
- Promoting France and the South Region to the San Diego local business network
- Helping California companies to develop their business and expand in France
- Organizing events that will encourage the business community to foster partnerships
- Increasing communication between the regions
To strengthen the collaboration between the two regions and create mutual benefits, a memorandum of understanding has been signed in February 2017 between San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and Bernard Deflesselles, Regional Vice President of the South Region.
The San Diego French American Chamber of Commerce has been appointed to be the local representative of the South Alliance partnership.
SOUTH OF FRANCE REGION
The South Region in France is one of the world’s top tourism destinations as well as one of the most important concentrations of intellectual and technological resources in Europe. The region is strong and dynamic in many different economic sectors. Among them: telecommunications, microelectronics, digital technology, life sciences, aeronautics and astronautics, sea technologies, multimedia but also the agribusiness, chemical, logistics and luxury goods industries
In 2016, the region counted 26 000 R&D employees including 13 000 researchers and an annual R&D investment of 3 billion. Tourism is also a major asset for the region with an increase of 1.4% of tourists in 2015.
Globally, the South is the third economic region in France in terms of population and wealth. The region supports the creation of new businesses (+14.5% between 2010-1014). It attracts foreign investments: 1 740 companies with foreign capital representing 72 000 jobs.
SOUTH OF FRANCE PARTNERS
- Regional partners: Regional Council, the Economic Development Regional agency (ARII ), Regional trade and industry chamber (CCIR/CCI International)
- French clusters: Eurobiomed (life sciences) & Pôle Mer Méditerranée (maritime tech)
- Economic development agencies: Provence Promotion, Team Côte d’Azur & CCI du Var
- Californian clusters: Biocom (life sciences) & The Maritime Alliance (maritime tech)
- POSITIVE IMPRESSIONS: INTERNATIONAL LEADERS REFLECT ON THEIR VISIT TO PROVENCE - With questions of climate change and energy consumption weighing heavily on the planet, organizations and communities around the world are searching for innovative solutions; at the same time, more and more businesses and entrepreneurs are integrating sustainable and socially progressive elements into their projects. From September 20th to 23rd, Provence… ...
- AVENCOD TAKES ROOT IN PROVENCE AND TURNS DISABILITIES INTO IT SOLUTIONS - The market for IT jobs is very tight, but there are few opportunities for disabled workers. Avencod was founded in 2016 to address these two social challenges. Persons on the autism spectrum (Asperger's syndrome) have above-average analytical capacity and attention to detail. Avencod has developed a method to enhance their… ...
- FLOWER BURGER, THE NEW CONCEPT STORE IS EXPANDING TO FRANCE AND CHOOSES MARSEILLE - Flower Burger is a fast food brand with with flamboyant colours and a lot of flavours. Its concept of Italian origin was founded in 2015 on an innovative idea by Matteo Toto: to produce vegan burgers, 100% vegan, made exclusively from vegetables, spices and vegetable matter. This franchise currently has eleven… ...
- Ubitransport raises €45 million - First fundraising for Ubitransport, an expert in mobility solutions for the public sector set up by Team Côte d’Azur Last week, you discovered the Ubitransport's project in this article. Seven years after revolutionizing its industry, Ubitransport, leader in digital Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the public sector, successfully raised funds… ...
Partnership between THE SOUTH Region and San Diego
- HOW DOES A START-UP SHARE ITS AMBITIONS WITH PROVENCE? - Provence and Tunisia are about more than just tourism. Indeed, digital innovation is at the core of development opportunities. Relations are being strengthened around start-ups that are sparking new collaborations. Created in 2016 in Tunis, start-up studio Factory 619 is helping to push this wave, with the launch of Factory… ...
- LAUNCH OF NEW MEASURES TO PROMOTE MOBILITY IN PROVENCE - LAUNCH OF NEW MEASURES TO PROMOTE MOBILITY IN PROVENCE Kick off at the Parcours France exhibition Mobility is often a family decision. The new adventure will have an impact on the spouse and children. To quell any fears linked to the change, Provence Promotion has published a series of guides… ...
- Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego - Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego video Have a look at this video of Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego promoting the economic and business similarities between San Diego and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur regions. The Economic Director of the City of… ...
- Expand your Business in France – Delegation Tour 2017 Oct 30th – Nov 3rd - Delegation Tour 2017 Oct 30th to Nov 3rd Expand your business in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (France) Thanks to the great partnership between Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and the City of San Diego, take the opportunity to be part of the 2017 "Invest in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur" delegation tour from Oct 30th to Nov 3rd… ...
- The future of Immunology is in Provence! - Over the last decade, remarkable progress has been made in understanding the key role of the immune system (immunology) in controlling and killing cancer. Among the key milestones was the recognition that there are signals responsible for activating the immune system to elicit an anti-tumor response. These signals are often… ...
- Partnership between the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region and the City of San Diego - The San Diego French American Chamber of Commerce is proud to officially announce its nomination to represent and promote the French Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region in San Diego. San Diego and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region are both the industrial cradle of dynamic sectors such as biotech, cleantech, bluetech, defense, aerospace, software development,… ...
EVENTSThere are no upcoming events at this time.