South of France & San Diego:
A successful collaboration
May 14th to 17th 2019
San Diego and the SOUTH Region in France are both the industrial cradle of dynamic sectors such as biotech, cleantech, bluetech, defense, aerospace, software, development, and tourism.
The main objective of the collaboration is to boost business development between both regions to encourage efficient and long-term partnerships by :
- Welcoming French companies in San Diego
- Promoting France and the South Region to the San Diego local business network
- Helping California companies to develop their business and expand in France
- Organizing events that will encourage the business community to foster partnerships
- Increasing communication between the regions
To strengthen the collaboration between the two regions and create mutual benefits, a memorandum of understanding has been signed in February 2017 between San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and Bernard Deflesselles, Regional Vice President of the South Region.
The San Diego French American Chamber of Commerce has been appointed to be the local representative of the South Alliance partnership.
SOUTH OF FRANCE REGION
The South Region in France is one of the world’s top tourism destinations as well as one of the most important concentrations of intellectual and technological resources in Europe. The region is strong and dynamic in many different economic sectors. Among them: telecommunications, microelectronics, digital technology, life sciences, aeronautics and astronautics, sea technologies, multimedia but also the agribusiness, chemical, logistics and luxury goods industries
In 2016, the region counted 26 000 R&D employees including 13 000 researchers and an annual R&D investment of 3 billion. Tourism is also a major asset for the region with an increase of 1.4% of tourists in 2015.
Globally, the South is the third economic region in France in terms of population and wealth. The region supports the creation of new businesses (+14.5% between 2010-1014). It attracts foreign investments: 1 740 companies with foreign capital representing 72 000 jobs.
SOUTH OF FRANCE PARTNERS
- Regional partners: Regional Council, the Economic Development Regional agency (ARII ), Regional trade and industry chamber (CCIR/CCI International)
- French clusters: Eurobiomed (life sciences) & Pôle Mer Méditerranée (maritime tech)
- Economic development agencies: Provence Promotion, Team Côte d’Azur & CCI du Var
- Californian clusters: Biocom (life sciences) & The Maritime Alliance (maritime tech)
- ID LOGISTICS’ HEADQUARTERS LIVE UP TO THEIR AMBITIONS - This international logistics group strengthens its presence in Provence ID Logistics, previously located in Cavaillon until 2018, inaugurated its new 2,100 m2 headquarters on 11 April in the small community of Orgon near Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. Provence Promotion closely followed the project, notably in terms of the real estate search. The two hectare… ...
- AIX-MARSEILLE FRENCH TECH METROPOLIS NAMED FRENCH TECH CAPITAL - The Aix-Marseille region is now on the radar in the French digital economy. Since receiving its first metropolis label in 2014, the Provence region, along with 12 other major French cities, was awarded on 3 April 2019 the new “Capital” label issued by the Ministry of Economy. Pascal Lorne, President… ...
- Université Côte d’Azur selected to set up an Interdisciplinary Institute for Artificial Intelligence - The 3IA Côte d’Azur project to create an Interdisciplinary Institute for Artificial Intelligence (3IA), led by Université Côte d’Azur, the CNRS and Inria was selected by the international jury on April 24 as part of the national program for artificial intelligence. The Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation has… ...
- PROVENCE PROMOTION CONFIRMS ITS AMBITIONS AND UNVEILS ITS 2019 STRATEGY - The agency's positive results are proof of the territory's attractiveness Provence Promotion, the agency for those investing in Provence and which brings together the Marseille Provence Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Aix-Marseille Metropolis, has just published its annual figures for 2018. In all, 75 companies decided to invest… ...
Partnership between THE SOUTH Region and San Diego
- LAUNCH OF NEW MEASURES TO PROMOTE MOBILITY IN PROVENCE - LAUNCH OF NEW MEASURES TO PROMOTE MOBILITY IN PROVENCE Kick off at the Parcours France exhibition Mobility is often a family decision. The new adventure will have an impact on the spouse and children. To quell any fears linked to the change, Provence Promotion has published a series of guides… ...
- Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego - Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego video Have a look at this video of Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development City of San Diego promoting the economic and business similarities between San Diego and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur regions. The Economic Director of the City of… ...
- Expand your Business in France – Delegation Tour 2017 Oct 30th – Nov 3rd - Delegation Tour 2017 Oct 30th to Nov 3rd Expand your business in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (France) Thanks to the great partnership between Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and the City of San Diego, take the opportunity to be part of the 2017 "Invest in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur" delegation tour from Oct 30th to Nov 3rd… ...
- The future of Immunology is in Provence! - Over the last decade, remarkable progress has been made in understanding the key role of the immune system (immunology) in controlling and killing cancer. Among the key milestones was the recognition that there are signals responsible for activating the immune system to elicit an anti-tumor response. These signals are often… ...
- Partnership between the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region and the City of San Diego - The San Diego French American Chamber of Commerce is proud to officially announce its nomination to represent and promote the French Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region in San Diego. San Diego and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region are both the industrial cradle of dynamic sectors such as biotech, cleantech, bluetech, defense, aerospace, software development,… ...