Hair stylist job offer in San Diego
The San Diego French American Chamber of Commerce is hiring, on behalf of one of its members, an experienced hair stylist for a two-year contract.
VITAL Hair & Body has been serving the clients for over 25 years in Mission Valley with highly experienced and talented master stylists and barbers who have been industry leaders and educators for a long time.
The new owner is looking for one California-licensed hair stylist for full service hair salon located at the busy shopping center in Mission Valley.
Skills and experience required
– 7 years or more in full service salon as a stylist (not an assistant)
Education / skills:
– Up-to-date cosmetology license
– Women’s & men’s cutting skills a must
– Colors, highlights, balayage
– Styling, blow dry, curly & flat iron skills
– Wedding, bridal and graduation Up-dos
– Hair extension & make up – preferred, not required
Profile of the candidate
– Entrepreneur minded
– Outgoing personality with go-getter attitude
– Team player
– The candidate must already have a clientele
Position is commission based only. Commission percentage varies from 40-50% depending on the experience, clientele level, and product backbar provision. There are no max limits.
The hair stylist will have flexibility of making his/her schedule around the clientele availability. Yet there is a minimum requirement of 6 hours a day and 5 days a week. The salon is closed during some national holidays.
The selection process will be conducted through a two-step interview. During the second interview, on site, the candidate is expected to bring 2 models, one long hair and one short hair, to do the cut & color demo.
If you are interested by this job offer, please send your resume to